- To advance education in Auckland through professional leadership, support and advocacy.
- To provide a professional association that acts as a forum for the issues and challenges faced by members.
- To promote the development of skills and qualifications for members.
- To foster a collegial support network for members.
- To represent the view of members in educational groups and/or relevant groups.
- Each secondary school/area school Principal in the Auckland area (from Wellsford to Onewhero) is eligible for full membership of the Auckland Secondary Schools’ Principals’ Association. ASSPA.
Membership of ASSPA is a requirement for student involvement in College Sport.
ASSPA has links to ERO, Ministry of Education, SPANZ and Principals’ Council. Members meet four times each year. ASSPA meeting dates for 2019 are:
- Term 1: 22 Mar 2019 AGM
- Term 2: 21 Jun 2019
- Term 3: 16 Aug 2019
- Term 4: 22 Nov 2019
A key feature of our meetings each year, are presentations by significant education sector leaders and opportunities for discussion and feedback on issues affecting schools. Agendas are emailed to members in advance of each meeting.
The attached organisational chart outlines the relationship between ASSPA and other Auckland secondary school principal-led organisations.ASSPA-2018-19-Organisational-Chart.pdf
Should you have any queries, please contact our administrator.