- To advance education in Auckland through professional leadership, support and advocacy.
- To provide a professional association that acts as a forum for the issues and challenges faced by members.
- To promote the development of skills and qualifications for members.
- To foster a collegial support network for members.
- To represent the view of members in educational groups and/or relevant groups.
- Each secondary school/area school Principal in the Auckland area (from Wellsford to Onewhero) is eligible for full membership of the Auckland Secondary Schools’ Principals’ Association. ASSPA.
Membership of ASSPA is a requirement for student involvement in College Sport.
ASSPA has links to ERO, Ministry of Education, SPANZ and Principals’ Council. Members meet four times each year. ASSPA meeting dates for 2022 are:
- Term 1: 01 Apr 2022 AGM
- Term 2: 01 Jul 2022
- Term 3: 09 Sep 2022
- Term 4: 18 Nov 2022
A key feature of our meetings each year, are presentations by significant education sector leaders and opportunities for discussion and feedback on issues affecting schools. Agendas are emailed to members in advance of each meeting.
The Auckland Secondary Schools’ Principals’ Association (ASSPA) Executive for 2022/23 is as follows:
Greg Pierce (President) – Orewa College
Karen Brinsden (Vice President) – Botany Downs Secondary College
Stephen McCracken – Kaipara College
Tom Webb – Mangere College
Vicki Barrie – Northcote College
Claire Amos – Albany Senior High School
Kiri Turketo – Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate
Louise Addison – Edgewater College
Richard Barnett – Pukekohe High School
Falefatu Enari – Pacific Advance Senior School
CJ Healey – Long Bay College
Samantha Smith – Southern Cross Campus
Dean Wearmouth – Marcellin College
Should you have any queries, please contact our administrator.